Monday, March 9, 2009

Time to Start

I know some of you need to coordinate schedule and travel... I wish I had more answer, but here's a start.

What I don't know (but people have asked).
I don't have colors chosen.
I don't have a guest list yet (sorry mom).
I don't have a ring (and Scott still popped the questions).

What I do know ... (most are still in the planning stages)
May 29 - Friday Evening - Engagement PArty in Portland (casual open house)
May 30 - Saturday - go through the Portland Temple
June 5 - Friday Evening - BBQ/Dinner with both families (probably somewhere in Sandy)
June 6 - MARRY SCOTT! Saturday 2 pm Draper Temple Sealing (we will coordinate babysitting)
June 6 - Saturday evening - Reception (probably in a backyard in Sandy)

Other things I've been thinking about:

Girl Cousin Party!
Local beauty school host parties for girls and I thought the cousins would have fun getting their nails and hair done for the day (I'm also hoping this is a stress reliever for the moms too - you dont have to worry about getting them cute for the day). I'm going to inquire tomorrow about date/times and prices.

If you have daughters, let me know what you think is best about timing.
I can schedule Saturday morning for hair and nails, and save everyone an extra trip to the salon. I'm just not sure how much time I would have to be with them that morning.
If we did nails late afternoon on Friday I could go! And I can schedule a hair party on Saturday morning.

Boy Cousin Party!
I'm not a boy - so I'm not quite so in touch with what is fun for them. (I'm also not sure how many of them are coming. Rich's younger boys, Rob's younger boys?, and Nate). A swimming pool or the local acquarium are some ideas.

After all the fun we had in Vegas at the reunion, today sheri suggested we might have time to go to "Pump It Up" on Friday night.

Dresses

My Dress - The Short Story
I'm planning to share with a friend who bought the dress on eBay. Its getting made in China right now.


(its being done in white with sleeves added to it)

Bridesmaid Dresses: Emily + Sheri + Julie +Lisa (scott's 2 sisters)
I'm thinking light and summery and able to wear again.


With a wedding color for the tie around the waist and cute matching shoes.

Neice Dresses: Hailey, Kaitlyn, Madison, Christa, Jenna, Jessica, Sarah, Zabe, Riley (and something for the baby twins)

I'm also thinking light and summery and able to wear again. I looked around just a little online. Haven't fallen in love with anything yet, but I thought wil a shirt under or small sweater these could be cute.

(Limited 2, I think)


(Target $23)


4 comments:

  1. Yea! Yea! Yea!
    Love the blog - I'll keep checking to stay updated.
    Do what you want for the girl cousins (as far as Friday or Saturday) - we will just make sure we are available and there. Do what is best for YOU!
    Ditto on dresses and everything else.
    Tell Sheri that Pump it Up maybe ought to be AFTER the photos - unless skin burns can be edited from the finished photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited about the wedding! and incidentally, Christa's 1st question was, "Who's going to babysit us at the temple?" Someone sure will have their hands full.

    I really like that second dress from Target- but whatever works- we're easy going. Christa is also quite excited about the nails. She's told everyone we see that her aunt is getting married and taking her to get her nails done!

    Have fun in the blogging world. It gets even more fun once you have kids (not that I ever blogged pre-kids). There's not a lot of flexibility with formatting- and even if you "preview", it still changes the format once it's posted. I have often gone back several times to format text and pictures so they line up the way I want. Just delete the extra spaces that are added in there. It took me FOREVER to figure out that I could just cut and paste photos. I kept trying to move them with a move tool.

    Well- happy planning- and we look forward to seeing how it all evolves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Julie, I vote for your reception at Pump it Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Matt says he still has all his Pump it Up scars, so we might have to touch up photos anyhow...

    ReplyDelete